life chats, insights & apprehension

Posted by D on Monday, March 19, 2012

So I guess I'm not that good at the whole keeping up with documenting general day-to-day events thing. Too lazy to really backtrack and log everything that's happened since the last real update though, so I guess to quickly glaze it over, it's basically been a chaotic hot mess of school, meetings, seminars, house hunting and chilling. Look! We made fresh guacamole from scratch (@ the sleepover with a bunch of the lovelies). Not usually a fan of avocado, but this was really good. 
Went to Holi on Friday - this was my first one, as I hadn't been able to go last year. It was definitely a lot of fun and a great experience. And very colourful, to say the least!
A couple of us are looking into getting an apartment together for next year/this summer. Holy cow, it's actually more of a hassle than I would've thought. So I guess we'll see how that works out. Basically there's just a lot of uncertainty for me right now - not just about living situations, but like... the summer in general, I guess? Feeling pretty apprehensive about this week, really hoping that everything will work out for the best, but really scared that it won't. I don't know - we'll see.

Met up with J, an old family friend, for dinner tonight. It was kind of crazy, because I guess our last significant interaction was about a decade ago, maybe? And now, here we are, living in the same city, (hopefully) more grown up. We ended up going to Chipotle, which I've been meaning to try for the longest time, having heard so much positive feedback about it.

The food was really good, but the company/conversation was even better. It was really nice to chat with someone ~half a decade older - especially someone I admire and look up to. I guess it's just kind of a different outlook on school, traveling and life, coming from someone who's been there, done that. Basically just really good life chats about a wide range of topics, insightful tidbits. And I guess a bit of a throwback to childhood/home. Thanks, J - hadn't realized how much I needed something like that until I got it.

Lots to think about, for sure.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...