summer days are gone

Posted by D on Monday, November 12, 2012

"You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again."
- Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran
the travel bug has caught me 
and it won't let me go.

stuck here, running in place,
dreaming away
sleepless days and autopiloted nights.

this desire to wander,
this lust to live,
this craving for more...

just another walking cliché,
ensnared by the allure of
a beautiful demise.

Photo taken summer 2012, at the Apple Store in the Louvre, Paris, France. L, S & I were trolling and changed the desktop background on one of the MacBooks ;) 

One Comment

  1. I quote at the top is one of the saddest things about traveling. Places you can always go back to, but who you were is a one time destination and arrival only ! Sometimes I think I am so excited to move back to paris one day for good, but I'm terrified that when I get there I won't even like it, since so much has changed since i was in uni..

    Then I realized i'm being silly. I love french people and pain au chocolat. Somethings never change about us!

    Thanks for your comment on my bali posting :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...